"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face."

Friday, September 24, 2010

Farewell My Love



I have been wanting to begin my blog again for some time and now is as good a time as any. Since our life has unexpectedly suffered a tremendous loss, I feel the need to address it and begin our new phase with a tribute to one of the most hilarious and loving men I have ever known.

To My Incredible Hulk (for those who used to read my blog - you understand the reference).

Every Time.....
I watch a Jim Carrey movie
I hear our wedding song
I glimpse a man in camouflage shorts
The family turns on "The Burbs"
I look into our daughters eyes
U2 comes on the radio
A silver mustang drives by
I encounter a good looking bald male
I shed a tear
I pet Sammy
I see the #14
I kiss our girls goodnight
I lay my head down on my pillow
I breathe

I will think of you! I love you so much and cannot wait until we are together again.

7 comments:

Beth said...

You made me cry a significant amount of tears with that. I totally was thinking the same thing about Sammy and I was afraid to say it to you. I am glad you said it.

I love you. Missing "the Hulk" with you, although I am certain I will never know quite how much you miss him. I am here for you.

Adam and Tara said...

Alicia that was beautiful. Its good to have you blogging again... it makes me feel closer to you and girls even though we're far away. We get in town on the 9th and leave the 13th! So, let me know when you're free and Rhea and I will clear our schedules :)

tangie baxter said...

oh my sweet, dear friend I love you so much. thank you for blogging about this. my thoughts and prayers are with you and the girls all the time. xoxoxo!

Stacy said...

Pass the kleenex please! So Beautiful. I'm so glad you posted this and look forward to seeing your blog again. It is amazing how many mustangs I've seen and U2 songs I've heard the past few weeks... You guys are in my heart every minute - Love you!!!

Tara said...

Love it! You forgot Nascar...our personal favorite. :)

Leesh said...

Tara - Where it says, "Everytime I see the #14 - that is Tony Stewarts number for Nascar. I could never forget Nascar!

Christine said...

You made me cry- and I don't even know you- I am Kim's (Diary of a Widow)sister. I am so sorry.
XOXO