"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face."

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reconnections

So recently my favorite cousin in the entire world reestablished contact with me. It has been 4 years since we have talked and almost 8 years since our kids have seen each other. She has a 12 year old son and a 8 1/2 year old daughter. Needless to say, our kids don't know each other. I have so many good memories of spending time with my cousin when I was a kid. Sleepovers, going to the "Airplane" and "Duck" park, swimming, going Lake Pleasant, getting in fights, her yelling at me for making sucking noises (cuz I sucked my two middle fingers until way past appropriate) when we were trying to go to sleep because it kept her awake - remember D? Oh good times :-) So she invited me and the fam to a barbecue on Saturday and we had a great time. She is so much fun to be around and it made my heart so happy to see her and the kids and my Aunt was there to. Her kids are wonderful and everyone got along so well. There is a comfort level I have with them that I don't have with other family. We went through some very tough times together and they mean the world to me. It was a great day. I can't wait for more good times ahead. I'll post a few pictures when my cousin sends them....hint hint!

In addition, two other important people from my past reconnected with me due to finding my blog through other mutual friends. It has been amazing to reestablish these friendships. I feel so lucky to be in this day and age where finding people is so easy and keeping in touch is a button a way.

My life would not be what it is today without these people in my life and I feel blessed for their friendship and love.

No comments: