"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face."

Monday, April 28, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Monk

Monk had to give a talk on Sunday in Primary. The topic was Prophets. I quickly threw some data onto some paper at like 11:00pm on Saturday night. The car accident kind of made my brain freeze. So I scribble a bunch of stuff down planning to edit it and rewrite it in the morning before church. I know what you are thinking - "why didn't she just print it out like normal people?" That would be because my dear husband has been promising me he would figure out why our printer will not work and it has now been three years without a printer." Anywho - I woke up on Sunday with a massive migraine headache, compliments of the accident I am sure. I sent my girlies off to church with their grampa (one of the positive aspects of going to the same church as my in-laws). So Monk gives her talk, but unfortunately I missed it. So I asked her how it went and she said it was fine, that is was kind of hard to read some of my writing, but she did her best.

Well tonight at FHE I asked her to give her talk (I was totally just trying to get out of planning the lesson, but hey - whatever works). Monk was happy to do it, so she starts to read me the information I had scribbled down on Thomas S. Monson.

Here is a very abbreviated version:

Thomas S. Monson was the 16th President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.......President Monson was called to be a Bishop at the age of 22. His ward had approximately 1,000 members, and among them were 85 windows that he visited regularly. Did you catch that.."WINDOWS" instead of "WIDOWS." I promise you I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Monk was like, "what mommy?" and when I pointed out to her what she had said, her face brightened up and she said, "oh, that is why Sister Hernandez was laughing during my talk." So sure enough, not only did I get the best laugh of the year, but so did the entire primary. Oh, I love my Monk!

4 comments:

Tangie Baxter said...

ROFL that is too funnnnnny!!! Those are just the best moments in childhood if you ask me!

Ashleigh said...

That is hilarious! The first time Mason gave a talk he pulled down my top and I pretty much flashed the whole primary and I had no idea that it had happend. Alex told me the next day. At least that was our last sunday in the ward! :)

Adam and Tara said...

Oh I miss your family and your laughing! I will never forget our pride and prejudice moment... "Ohhhhh he's so good looking!!" ha ha-- tell your girls hi!!

Aften said...

I hope you get your big car back soon, and I am glad you are ok